Sunday, March 20, 2011

Questions

Out of the blue my Son (7) asked me yesterday “Who is going to be my kid’s Grandpa?”  I said all I could think of “Your wife’s Dad” …Silence... I was wondering…where did that come from???…What is going through his head?   I then asked him “Is that OK?” and he said “yea”.  It makes me so sad that my 7-year-old son is thinking of such things.

A long time ago my Daughter (8) asked me “Who is going to walk me down my wedding aisle?”  I believe it was around the time of my brothers wedding.  She had weddings on her brain.  She learned that Father’s walk their daughters down the aisle. I told her that I would walk her down the aisle.

Such big questions for little ones to be thinking.  It’s NOT fair that their Daddy is in Heaven.  He is supposed to be here for them. He is supposed to be able to do everyday stuff with them. He is supposed to teach them, lead them, and encourage them. He is supposed to be with them as they grow up.  He is supposed to be their kids Grandpa. He would have been a wonderful Grandpa. He would have spoiled his Grand kids ROTTEN.  He is supposed to walk his daughter down the aisle. I can just picture his face with a huge smile on it. He would have been sooo PROUD of her. 

So I grieve not only the loss of my Hubby, but also the loss of my kids Daddy. My heart is broken for them.  I still have my Dad. He is always there for me when I need him. He watched me grow up.  He is my kid’s Grandpa. He walked me down my wedding aisle. 

So I am going to put my trust in God and believe His promises. I know He is close to me.  “The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” Psalm 34:18 

No comments:

Post a Comment